Potato Beer Cheese Soup Recipe
This satisfying potato soup has a velvety texture that's not too thick or too thin. The subtle flavors of beer and cheese balance each other nicely, creating a soup that's sure to warm you head to toe. —Patti Lavell, Islamorada, Florida
- 2 pounds potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup beer or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Salad croutons and/or crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- Place the potatoes, onion and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; cool slightly (do not drain). In a blender, cover and process mixture in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan and heat through.
- Stir in the milk, beer, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon, salt, mustard and white pepper; heat through. Stir in cheese just until melted. Top with croutons and/or bacon if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Potato Cheese Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p175
Reviews for Potato Beer Cheese Soup(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review