- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 can (19 ounces) ready-to-serve tomato-basil soup
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated sliced potatoes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and tomatoes; set aside.
- Place half of the potatoes and onion into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with remaining potatoes and onion. Top with mozzarella cheese and meat mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with Gruyere cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Potato Beef Lasagna
Sort By :
It was tasty; I cooked it in a crockpot & it was enjoyed by our fellowship. Thumbs up.
This was great, but I would add more potatoes and cheese next time I make it.
I have been making this recipe for years. I always put a layer of potatoes, a layer of onions, a layer of meat mixture, layer of potatoes, layer of onions and top with a layer of meat mixture and cheese. I add the cheese a little later, so it doesn't get too brown. Add a little pepper and salt on the potatoes also. I just use regular potatoes, (not refrigerated) and slice them thin.
I was very interested in trying this recipe, until I realized that its 5-star, 100%-would-make-it-again rating was basically meaningless. Out of 9 reviews, only one person had actually tried the recipe. The rest were all either questions or sarcastic comments about the questions. You sarcastic people need to learn to keep it to yourself.
I HAVEN/T MADE THIS YET BUT SOUNDS YUMMY. TO ANSWER THE QUESTION ABOUT THE LAYERING, IT TELLS YOU TO LAYER HALF OF THE POTATOES AND ONIONS IN A 13X9 BAKING DISH, AND THEN SOMEONE WHILE PUTTING THE RECIPE IN THEY FORGOT TO SAY THAT HALF OF SAUSAGE ABD BEEF MIXTURE IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE NEXT LAYER, THEN THE REMAINING LAYER OF POTATOES AND ONIONS, THEN TOP WITH REMAINING MEAT MIXTURE. TOP WITH CHEESE AND WHATEVER ELSE.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pork Casserole >