- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 can (19 ounces) ready-to-serve tomato-basil soup
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated sliced potatoes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and tomatoes; set aside.
- Place half of the potatoes and onion into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with remaining potatoes and onion. Top with mozzarella cheese and meat mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with Gruyere cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Potato Beef Lasagna
Sort By :
"We didn't like it at all. Threw it in the garbage disposal."
"It was tasty; I cooked it in a crockpot & it was enjoyed by our fellowship. Thumbs up."
"This was great, but I would add more potatoes and cheese next time I make it."
"I have been making this recipe for years. I always put a layer of potatoes, a layer of onions, a layer of meat mixture, layer of potatoes, layer of onions and top with a layer of meat mixture and cheese. I add the cheese a little later, so it doesn't get too brown. Add a little pepper and salt on the potatoes also. I just use regular potatoes, (not refrigerated) and slice them thin."
"I was very interested in trying this recipe, until I realized that its 5-star, 100%-would-make-it-again rating was basically meaningless. Out of 9 reviews, only one person had actually tried the recipe. The rest were all either questions or sarcastic comments about the questions. You sarcastic people need to learn to keep it to yourself."