Potato Beef Lasagna Recipe
“This recipe comes from our family cookbook. We love casseroles, and this is a cherished favorite.” Suzette Jury - Keene, California
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 can (19 ounces) ready-to-serve tomato-basil soup
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated sliced potatoes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and tomatoes; set aside.
- 2. Place half of the potatoes and onion into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with remaining potatoes and onion. Top with mozzarella cheese and meat mixture.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with Gruyere cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 372 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 765 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC