Potato Beef Croquettes Recipe
My daughter brought this recipe home from her high school economics class more than 30 years ago. It's one of the few dishes everyone in my family will eat. --Violet Gertsch, Darlington, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour YIELD:6 servings
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In a large bowl, beat 1 egg. Add the beef, potatoes, onion, salt and pepper; mix well. Shape into 12 balls. Beat remaining egg; dip balls into egg, then roll in the cracker crumbs. Shape each ball into a cone.
- 2. In a Dutch oven or deep-fat fryer, heat 2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry croquettes, four at a time, for 2 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 1 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC