- 2 eggs
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, beat 1 egg. Add the beef, potatoes, onion, salt and pepper; mix well. Shape into 12 balls. Beat remaining egg; dip balls into egg, then roll in the cracker crumbs. Shape each ball into a cone.
- In a Dutch oven or deep-fat fryer, heat 2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry croquettes, four at a time, for 2 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Potato Beef Croquettes in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p175
Reviews for Potato Beef Croquettes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review