Potato Beef Croquettes Recipe
My daughter brought this recipe home from her high school economics class more than 30 years ago. It's one of the few dishes everyone in my family will eat. --Violet Gertsch, Darlington, Wisconsin
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, beat 1 egg. Add the beef, potatoes, onion, salt and pepper; mix well. Shape into 12 balls. Beat remaining egg; dip balls into egg, then roll in the cracker crumbs. Shape each ball into a cone.
- In a Dutch oven or deep-fat fryer, heat 2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry croquettes, four at a time, for 2 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Potato Beef Croquettes in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p175
Reviews for Potato Beef Croquettes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review