Potato Beef Casserole
"I sometimes add chopped onion when browning the ground beef for this fast-to-fix main dish," relates Shirley Goering of New Ulm, Minnesota. "I often serve this comforting casserole for dinner or double the recipe to take to potlucks," she comments.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt.
- baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or
- until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 277 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 947 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.