Potato Bean Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound fresh or frozen green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place beans and potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes; drain well.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute beans, potatoes and onion in oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables. Cook and stir over medium heat until the liquid is evaporated. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 95 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Potato Bean Skillet
"This recipe is wonderful. I added chickpeas and made this a meatless main dish.Kamilla A. FowlerKansas City, KS"