Potato Bean Skillet
"This is a quick side dish for a pork chop supper," notes Dixie Terry from Goreville, Illinois. "Our eight grandkids like its mild sweet-and-sour taste. However, the recipe has to be doubled or tripled when they're around for supper!"
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans and potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes; drain well.
- In a large skillet, saute beans, potatoes and onion in oil until
- tender. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour
- over vegetables. Cook and stir over medium heat until the liquid is
- evaporated. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 95 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch,