Potato Basil Scramble Recipe
This potato dish is so popular at our house, we argue over who gets the leftovers. I grow my own herbs, so I usually use fresh basil in this recipe, but dried works just as well. We love this for dinner with fruit salad and English muffins. It also makes a hearty breakfast for the weekend. —Terri Zobel, Raleigh, North Carolina
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl; add 1 in. of water. Cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes; drain.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, green pepper and potatoes in oil until tender. Add the egg substitute, basil, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 163 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 549mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Potato Basil Scramble
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC