Potato-Bar Chili Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Baked potatoes
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, beans, sugar and seasonings.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Serve with potatoes. Yield: 7 cups.
1/2 cup: 159 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Potato-Bar Chili
"We loved this chili! So good on baked potatoes, easy, and not too caloric. Only thing I did different was to add more seasoning....I always use the chili seasoning that comes in the packets rather than just plain chili powder, and I added the majority of a packet, part of what had been used for something else, as we like more chili flavor. We then topped the chili with grated cheese after spooning it on the potatoes....added some calories, but Y-U-M-M-Y!!!!!!"
"We play cards with friends quite a bit and they have been delighted with this. It is a quick meal without much fuss. Thanks. jy"
"I've been making this for awhile, we love it. Another thing we use to top a baked potato is chicken or Steak Fajita mixture, makes a good quick meal."
"Made this for a family reunion and the whole crock-pot went quick as anything!! Tastes great, feels good to be eating something healthy and not high-calorie."