Everyone will love this mild chili, especially when topping a baked potato. This thick, hearty sauce really does eat like a meal! —Alcy Thorne, Los Molinois, California
14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Baked potatoes
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and green pepper over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, beans,
- sugar and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Serve with potatoes. Yield: 7 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup (calculated without potatoes) equals 159 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.