- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Baked potatoes
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, beans, sugar and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Serve with potatoes. Yield: 7 cups.
Reviews for Potato-Bar Chili
"First time I made this I rated it 4 stars, though I don't remember making it. I made it again for a baked potato bar for teacher appreciation. I doubled the recipe for about 45 potatoes (though, I do not know how many ate it) and I added a package of French's chili-O seasoning. I loved it on my potato and heard others enjoyed it as well."
"We loved this chili! So good on baked potatoes, easy, and not too caloric. Only thing I did different was to add more seasoning....I always use the chili seasoning that comes in the packets rather than just plain chili powder, and I added the majority of a packet, part of what had been used for something else, as we like more chili flavor. We then topped the chili with grated cheese after spooning it on the potatoes....added some calories, but Y-U-M-M-Y!!!!!!"
"We play cards with friends quite a bit and they have been delighted with this. It is a quick meal without much fuss. Thanks. jy"