Here's a delightful way to use leftover mashed potatoes! These puffs are easy to make, and my family prefers them to french fries. Children enjoy them plain, buttered or drizzled with honey or maple syrup. My grandkids expect Potato Puffs on the menu whenever they come to my house!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add potatoes. Combine the flour, baking powder
- and salt; stir into potato mixture.
- In a large saucepan or kettle, heat about 1 in. of oil to 375°.
- Drop mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls, four or five at a time, into
- hot oil. Fry 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Watch
- closely since they brown quickly. Drain on paper towels. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 1-1/2 to 2 dozen.