Potato Bacon Omelet
Here's a great way to use up a leftover potato and bacon. This hearty, yummy omelet will quickly become a favorite! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked potato
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat
- until bacon is crisp. Add potato; heat through. Drain. Remove from
- skillet and set aside. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the
- eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture
- should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon bacon mixture
- and potato on one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side
- over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 omelet equals 560 calories, 40 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 709 mg cholesterol, 1,052 mg sodium,