Potato Bacon Omelet Recipe
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked potato
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Add potato; heat through. Drain. Remove from skillet and set aside. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 3. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon bacon mixture and potato on one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Yield: 1 serving.
1 omelet: 560 calories, 40g fat (20g saturated fat), 709mg cholesterol, 1052mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Potato Bacon Omelet
"Easy to prepare & delicious."
"This is nice."
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.