Here's a great way to use up a leftover potato and bacon. This hearty, yummy omelet will quickly become a favorite! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked potato
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Add potato; heat through. Drain. Remove from skillet and set aside. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon bacon mixture and potato on one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Potato Bacon Omelet in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p21
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Potato Bacon Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review