Potato Bacon Chowder Recipe
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and celery in drippings until tender; drain. Add to undrained potatoes. Stir in the soup, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until heated through (do not boil).
- Crumble bacon; set aside 1/4 cup. Add remaining bacon to soup along with parsley. Sprinkle with reserved bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Potato Bacon Chowder(4)
Sort By :
I liked this recipe. It was extremely easy to follow, and it turned out tasting very good. Even my picky 5-year-old ate it (he loves bacon). Thank you!
It was ok. A little to rich for my taste. Next time I think I will substitute the milk, sour cream and cream of chicken for half and half.
Great Falls, Montana
We are getting our first major snow storm of the season, I made this recipe this evening for dinner. AWESOME !!! Thank you for sharing Jacque !
Sooo good and very easy to make! Great meal after a busy day. We are going to try it with cream of mushroom soup next time to see how that it.