- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, onion, bacon and cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and seasoned salt; pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Potato Bacon Casserole
Sort By :
"This meal was pretty ordinary, to be honest. Nothing fantastic about it."
"Made it for the first time last night and the family really seemed to like it. Very easy to assemble, loved the taste. I grated the onion as the grandkids do not like onion chunks. The fresh onion is really a very key ingredient or else it would be bland. It's going in my personal cookbook and will also be a hit at our monthly pot-luck suppers."
"Instead of hash browns, I fried peeled diced red potatoes with onions, garlic and hatch green chilis in light olive oil until crispy. Added a few tablespoons of green chili salsa to my egg mixture with Lawry's seasoned salt. Incorporated some grated parm cheese with sharp cheddar. Layered potatoes, bacon, cheese and poured egg mixture over."
"Made this for family who visited this past summer, and they are requesting it for their next upcoming visit. Also, will make to take to a few Christmas party events, and looking forward to creating some variety w/sausage and/or bacon."
"These were super easy and pretty tasty. Instead of onion, I added 1 t. onion powder. I also used 1 t. regular salt instead of 1/2 t. seasoned salt. The egg and milk combination gave the dish a different texture, but it was very good."