- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, onion, bacon and cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and seasoned salt; pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Potato Bacon Casserole
Sort By :
"Instead of hash browns, I fried peeled diced red potatoes with onions, garlic and hatch green chilis in light olive oil until crispy. Added a few tablespoons of green chili salsa to my egg mixture with Lawry's seasoned salt. Incorporated some grated parm cheese with sharp cheddar. Layered potatoes, bacon, cheese and poured egg mixture over."
"Made this for family who visited this past summer, and they are requesting it for their next upcoming visit. Also, will make to take to a few Christmas party events, and looking forward to creating some variety w/sausage and/or bacon."
"These were super easy and pretty tasty. Instead of onion, I added 1 t. onion powder. I also used 1 t. regular salt instead of 1/2 t. seasoned salt. The egg and milk combination gave the dish a different texture, but it was very good."
"I love to try new recipes. I will make this again, but I will add a few things to it to spruce up the taste. It was bland with very little taste. But, it was easy and has potential."
"Good recipe. I did add some salt & fresh ground black pepper because that is the way we like our potato dishes seasoned. I also added a little onion & garlic powder because I was short on fresh onion. Super easy to throw together."