I came up with this recipe when unexpected company arrived and I didn’t have enough lettuce and tomatoes on hand to make a traditional salad. Everyone enjoyed it so much that it became a regular at our table.
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, onion, bacon and cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and seasoned salt; pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Potato Bacon Casserole in Country August/September 2009, p49
Reviews for Potato Bacon Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review