Potato Asparagus Bake Recipe
Many of my springtime menus include this dish, which can be made ahead, refrigerated and baked when ready.
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, cut the tips off asparagus spears; set aside for garnish. Cut stalks into 1-in. pieces; place in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 18-20 minutes or until tender. Drain asparagus and place in a food processor or blender. Cover and process until pureed; set aside. Drain potatoes; mash and set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter; whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in asparagus pieced, mashed potatoes, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2 quart baking dish. Top with reserved asparagus tips.
- 3. Melt remaining butter; lightly brush some over top. Toss bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and remaining butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 141 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Potato Asparagus Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC