Potato and Spinach Casserole Recipe
- 6 to 8 large potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except cheese. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Top with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 384 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Potato and Spinach Casserole
"a regular in our house"
"Very good and easy. Thanks for the recipe."
"Great! I did add about 3 oz of cream cheese and used garlic pepper & 1 t garlic salt and 1 t reg. salt. I actually put the cheese in the casserole and just sprinkled a tiny bit on top and also a little bit of Parmesan. I used fresh spinach for the frozen and it turned out fine!"
"I was very pleased how this turned out, and so was my family! I was delighted that the non-spinach eaters were chowing down."