Potato and Spinach Casserole Recipe
A friend served this casserole at a dinner party, and I had to ask for the recipe. I've made it for friends and relatives on a number of holidays and other special occasions since. The recipe is perfect for parties, because it can be prepared early in the day and baked later on when the guests arrive.
- 6 to 8 large potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except cheese. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Top with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 384 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 790 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC