Potato and Pork Skillet Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced roasted sweet red peppers
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the potatoes, onion and oregano for 6-8 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Stir in broth and red peppers; bring to a boil.
- 3. Top with pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°, stirring occasionally. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-sodium broth) equals 292 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.