Potato and Pork Skillet
This scrumptious skillet dinner from Mary Tallman in Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin makes the ideal hurry-up entree for a hungry family. Round out the meal with steamed vegetables or a rustic green salad.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced roasted sweet red peppers
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large skillet, cook chops in
- oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are
- lightly browned; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the potatoes, onion and oregano for 6-8
- minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Stir in broth and red
- peppers; bring to a boil.
- Top with pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or
- until a thermometer reads 145°, stirring occasionally. Let stand
- 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-sodium broth) equals 292 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,