This scrumptious skillet dinner from Mary Tallman in Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin makes the ideal hurry-up entree for a hungry family. Round out the meal with steamed vegetables or a rustic green salad.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced roasted sweet red peppers
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the potatoes, onion and oregano for 6-8 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Stir in broth and red peppers; bring to a boil.
- Top with pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°, stirring occasionally. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork 'n' Potato Skillet in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p28
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Potato and Pork Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review