Potato and Mushroom Gratin Recipe
“Rich, decadent and indulgent, this creamy recipe is laced with wine and makes a perfect take-along side dish for potlucks or open houses. It looks impressive and is always a huge hit!” Laurie LaClair - North Richland Hills, Texas
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine
- 3 large potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and shallots in oil until tender. Add wine; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 2. Arrange a third of the potatoes in a greased 10-in. round shallow baking dish. Layer with half of the mushroom mixture, cheeses, basil and another third of potatoes. Repeat layers. Pour cream over top. Dot with butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 426 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC