Potato and Mushroom Gratin Recipe
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 3 large potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and shallots in oil until tender. Add wine; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Arrange a third of the potatoes in a greased 10-in. round shallow baking dish. Layer with half of the mushroom mixture, cheeses, basil and another third of potatoes. Repeat layers. Pour cream over top. Dot with butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Potato and Mushroom Gratin(4)
Sort By :
Good! Used cheddar cheese instead of swiss (not a big swiss fan) and used onions. Took alot longer to cook and did leave kinda a weird smell in the house, but otherwise yummy!
Heavenly!! Husband says mmmmmm. Used fresh mushrooms and onion and baked it in a bigger dish. This goes on our "favorites" list! Thank you so much.
I used Monterey Jack in place of the Swiss, because I am not a huge Swiss fan. I also used fresh mushrooms and onions in place of the shallots. This was very taste and looked fabulous! I will defintely be making again!!
For first try, made to exact recipe. Next time: use fresh mushrooms. Either par cook potatoes or add another 1/2 hour to bake time. More cheese, less whip cream would work too. I'll try it in my own version next time and know it will fit our needs better.
More Recipe Collections
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >