Chock-full of veggies and bacon with just a little tanginess from sour cream, bowls of this comforting soup taste just as terrific with a sandwich as they do with crackers! —Melanie Wooden, Reno, Nevada
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Combine the first 11 ingredients in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Before serving, combine sour cream with 1 cup soup; return all to the slow cooker. Stir in bacon and discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Potato and Leek Soup in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p17
Reviews for Potato and Leek Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 23, 2015
"great soup ,the flavour is just right; will have it for lunch to-day ,yum yum;"
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2014
"Perfect for a rainy day"