Chock-full of veggies and bacon with just a little tanginess from sour cream, bowls of this comforting soup taste just as terrific with a sandwich as they do with crackers! —Melanie Wooden, Reno, Nevada
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Combine the first 11 ingredients in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Before serving, combine sour cream with 1 cup soup; return all to the slow cooker. Stir in bacon and discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Potato and Leek Soup in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p17
Reviews for Potato and Leek Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review