- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 cups water
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the water, cabbage, potatoes, bouillon, pepper and garlic. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in ham; heat through. Yield: 12-14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Potato and Cabbage Soup
Sort By :
"This soup is quite tasty, even though I modified the recipe a bit. Instead of bouillon granules I used left over ham gravy and water saved from cooking veggies. I also used only about 4 cups of water. I sautéed garlic instead of adding minced garlic. I'd make it again."
"Delicious soup, even my husband who isn't crazy about cabbage loved it!"
"A bit salty will use less boulionne next time."
"very delicious, but will use a thickener next time to make it more filling. Goes great with croissants."