Potato and Broccoli Omelet
"My husband developed this quick meal after taking stock of the leftovers in our fridge," says Nancy Harris of Prince George, British Columbia. "This hearty omelet is a weekend favorite, because there always seems to be that one leftover potato from Friday's dinner."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cooked medium red potato, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- In a saucepan, saute potato, broccoli, onion, tomato and dill in 1
- tablespoon butter until tender; keep warm. In a bowl, beat the eggs,
- water, salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, melt remaining butter; add egg mixture. As the eggs
- set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs
- are completely set, remove skillet from the heat. Spoon vegetable
- mixture and cheese over half of the eggs; fold in half. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.