"My husband developed this quick meal after taking stock of the leftovers in our fridge," says Nancy Harris of Prince George, British Columbia. "This hearty omelet is a weekend favorite, because there always seems to be that one leftover potato from Friday's dinner."
Recommended: 40+ Satisfying Low-Carb Breakfasts
- 1 cooked medium red potato, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- In a saucepan, saute potato, broccoli, onion, tomato and dill in 1 tablespoon butter until tender; keep warm. In a bowl, beat the eggs, water, salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, melt remaining butter; add egg mixture. As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are completely set, remove skillet from the heat. Spoon vegetable mixture and cheese over half of the eggs; fold in half. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Potato Omelet in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p13
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Potato and Broccoli Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review