"I always like to try new and different things," says Terri Day of Rochester, Washington. "So I added a package of leek soup mix to my potato soup, and my family loved it. It was even a hit with my picky teenagers."
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 package (1.8 ounces) leek soup and dip mix
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, potatoes and bacon to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the milk, potato flakes and soup mix. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Potato Leek Soup in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p56
Reviews for Potato and Bacon Leek Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review