- 2 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 package (1.8 ounces) leek soup and dip mix
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, potatoes and bacon to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the milk, potato flakes and soup mix. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Potato and Bacon Leek Soup
"Great recipe, wonderful rich flavor without the work, perfect for weeknight supper."
"Best potato soup ever! I just use real bacon bits from a package or jar along with the cheese as toppings. Easy and so delicious."
"Just made this for dinner and it was good. Hubby (aka Mr. Picky) asked me to make it again sometime. I gave it 4 stars for the recipe as it was written. I thought the leek flavor was too mild so I added about a tablespoon of dried onion flakes and then cooked it for the 5 minutes. FYI: I never can tell if my potatoes, onions, apples, etc. are medium or whatever so I looked up on the Internet and 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced equal about 1 and 1/3 cups."
"Delicious and easy .... my favorite two words to describe a recipe! The blend of flavors was excellent and the consistency was perfect. I wouldn't change a thing!"
"Don't pay attention to that comment...this is REALLY good. Gives the flavor of cooking a long time without all the effort!"
"Potato Flakes? and leep soup and dip mix??? Nothing homemade about this recipe"