- 2 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 package (1.8 ounces) leek soup and dip mix
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, potatoes and bacon to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the milk, potato flakes and soup mix. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Potato and Bacon Leek Soup
Sort By :
Just made this for dinner and it was good. Hubby (aka Mr. Picky) asked me to make it again sometime. I gave it 4 stars for the recipe as it was written. I thought the leek flavor was too mild so I added about a tablespoon of dried onion flakes and then cooked it for the 5 minutes. FYI: I never can tell if my potatoes, onions, apples, etc. are medium or whatever so I looked up on the Internet and 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced equal about 1 and 1/3 cups.
Delicious and easy .... my favorite two words to describe a recipe! The blend of flavors was excellent and the consistency was perfect. I wouldn't change a thing!
Don't pay attention to that comment...this is REALLY good. Gives the flavor of cooking a long time without all the effort!
Potato Flakes? and leep soup and dip mix??? Nothing homemade about this recipe