Potato 'n' Roasted Pepper Quesadillas Recipe
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1. Cut red pepper and jalapeno in half; remove and discard seeds. Place peppers cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until skins are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skin. Chop peppers; set aside.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook potatoes and onion in oil for 8 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned and onion is tender. Remove from the heat. Add the lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese and roasted peppers.
- 3. Place three tortillas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spoon potato mixture onto each; top with remaining tortillas and press down firmly.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Spritz top of tortillas with cooking spray. Carefully turn over; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and tortillas are lightly browned. Cut each into four wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
3 wedges equals 262 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 111 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.