- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound red potatoes (about 5 small), thinly sliced
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion and rosemary in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same skillet, cook potatoes in 2 tablespoons butter until tender and golden brown. Remove and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese and onion mixture. Melt remaining butter in the skillet; tilt pan to evenly coat. Add egg mixture. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until nearly set.
- Top with potatoes; bake for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Potato & Red Onion Frittata
Sort By :
this was wonderful! i made it a classic frittata and it came out beautifully. i included about 6 strips bacon that needed eating and next time i might include more veggies like peppers, mushrooms,corn or peas. also i will do this as written just to see the difference.
Only change is put both onions and potatoes on the bottom. It forms a nice sturdy base.
This was pretty good. I do wish it was not as greasy though....next time I will use a bit of canola oil or cooking spray instead of ALL THAT BUTTER. I made this out of the "best loved recipes" cookbook. I think this would be a 4 or 5 star recipe to me w/out all that butter.
Good! Added some chopped cooked bacon as well as some other veggies that I needed to use in the fridge (broccoli & red pepper). Turned out great!
I made this a few days ago and was delighted with the results, Excellant, I will make this frequently.