Potato & Bacon Frittata
“This filling frittata is so versatile. You can serve it with pesto or fresh salsa, and it’s tasty with almost any type of cheese.” —Mariela Petroski, Helena, Montana
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, parsley, milk,
- salt and pepper; set aside. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook
- bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp.
- Add potatoes, onions and sage; cook until potatoes are tender. Reduce
- heat; sprinkle with cheese. Top with egg mixture and tomato slices.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let
- stand 15 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 287 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 295 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.