Served with eggs, salsa and refried beans, these bacon-wrapped potatoes are part of a traditional Mexican breakfast. But they're just as good with toast and a fruit cup and they make a great side dish at dinner.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Garlic salt to taste
- 4 medium potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 4 bacon strips
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic salt. Brush over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro or parsley and salt. Wrap a bacon slice
- around each potato; secure with a toothpick.
- Place in an ungreased baking dish; bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes
- or until bacon is crisp. Sprinkle with green onion before serving.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 281 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.