Pot Roast with Vegetables Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 boneless beef chuck pot roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 16 small new potatoes, halved
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 2-1/2 inch pieces
- 4 medium parsnips, cut into 2-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 small leeks, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1. Combine the garlic, oregano and lemon-pepper; rub over roast. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides; drain. Add 3/4 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-3/4 hours.
- 2. Add vegetables; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes longer or until beef is tender. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Strain cooking liquid; skim off fat. Return 1 cup liquid to pan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- 4. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; add to pan. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until gravy is thickened and bubbly. Serve with roast and vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 287 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Pot Roast with Vegetables
"Easy recipe. I'll cut amt. of parsnips down and increase carrots next time."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.