- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 boneless beef chuck pot roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 16 small new potatoes, halved
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 2-1/2 inch pieces
- 4 medium parsnips, cut into 2-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 small leeks, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Combine the garlic, oregano and lemon-pepper; rub over roast. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides; drain. Add 3/4 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-3/4 hours.
- Add vegetables; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes longer or until beef is tender. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Strain cooking liquid; skim off fat. Return 1 cup liquid to pan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; add to pan. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until gravy is thickened and bubbly. Serve with roast and vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pot Roast with Vegetables in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p19
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pot Roast with Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2012
"Easy recipe. I'll cut amt. of parsnips down and increase carrots next time."