- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 boneless beef chuck pot roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 16 small new potatoes, halved
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 2-1/2 inch pieces
- 4 medium parsnips, cut into 2-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 small leeks, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Combine the garlic, oregano and lemon-pepper; rub over roast. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides; drain. Add 3/4 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-3/4 hours.
- Add vegetables; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes longer or until beef is tender. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Strain cooking liquid; skim off fat. Return 1 cup liquid to pan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; add to pan. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until gravy is thickened and bubbly. Serve with roast and vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pot Roast with Vegetables
Sort By :
Easy recipe. I'll cut amt. of parsnips down and increase carrots next time.