Pot Roast with Spaghetti Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot water
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Heat oil and butter in a Dutch oven; brown roast on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- 2. Add the garlic, onion and seasonings to the pan. Cook slowly for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in water and tomato paste. Return roast to Dutch oven and spoon sauce over it.
- 3. Cover and simmer for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until the meat is tender. Remove roast; cut into slices. Serve with spaghetti and sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 473 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 41g protein
Reviews for Pot Roast with Spaghetti
"I have been making this recipe for over twenty years! The only changes I have made is only use one can of tomato paste and I cook mine in a 350º oven for the alotted time. This is a definite favorite in my household!"
"This was a success with my family. The beef was very tender, the sauce tasty, and everything went well with the spaghetti. I followed the recipe exactly; but the next time I make it, I may play around with the seasonings."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.