Pot Roast with Spaghetti Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot water
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Heat oil and butter in a Dutch oven; brown roast on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add the garlic, onion and seasonings to the pan. Cook slowly for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in water and tomato paste. Return roast to Dutch oven and spoon sauce over it.
- Cover and simmer for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until the meat is tender. Remove roast; cut into slices. Serve with spaghetti and sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pot Roast with Spaghetti
Sort By :
"I have been making this recipe for over twenty years! The only changes I have made is only use one can of tomato paste and I cook mine in a 350º oven for the alotted time. This is a definite favorite in my household!"
"This was a success with my family. The beef was very tender, the sauce tasty, and everything went well with the spaghetti. I followed the recipe exactly; but the next time I make it, I may play around with the seasonings."