- 1 Reynolds® Oven Bag, Large Size
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope (1 oz.) onion soup mix
- 3 to 3-1/2 pound boneless beef chuck pot roast
- 6 to 8 small whole red potatoes
- 1 medium onion, cut in quarters
- 1 package (16 oz.) peeled baby carrots
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Shake flour in Reynolds® Oven Bag; place in 13x9x2-inch or larger baking pan at least 2 inches deep.
- Add water and soup mix to oven bag. Squeeze bag to blend in flour. Add roast to bag. Turn bag to coat roast with sauce. Place potatoes, onion and carrots in bag around roast.
- Close oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-inch slits in top. Tuck ends of bag in pan.
- Bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until roast is tender. Sprinkle with parsley before serving, if desired. Yield: 7 to 9 servings.
Originally published as Pot Roast With Potatoes, Carrots & Onion Gravy in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2010, p37
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pot Roast With Potatoes, Carrots & Onion Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review