- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, cut into six wedges
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) mushroom gravy
- 1 package (1-1/2 ounces) beef stew seasoning mix
- Place the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, onion and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; place over vegetables. In a small bowl, combine the broth, gravy and seasoning mix; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pot Roast with Mushroom Gravy(2)
Sort By :
Love, Love, Love this pot roast. Added 3 cloves of fresh pressed garlic and did not use the mushroom gravy. I used a jar of Hienz beef gravy instead. After cooking for the 6 1/2 hrs as recommended, I wisked 1/4 cup of Wondera & about 1/2 cup of water, turned cooker on high and stirred into the mixture. I let it cook about 15 more min. stirring once. The gravy turned out perfectly for my rice. This takes so much less preparation than my oven pot roast and is just as good. I will use it exclusively from now on. Thank you for this one!
Came out great - except the meat doesn't need to cook that long - about 6 hrs on low or 3-3 1/2 on high. This recipe is great for a Sunday when you feel like kicking back and not fussing in the kitchen.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >