—Tyler Sherman, Madison, Wisconsin
- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, cut into six wedges
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) mushroom gravy
- 1 package (1-1/2 ounces) beef stew seasoning mix
- Place the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, onion and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; place over vegetables. In a small bowl, combine the broth, gravy and seasoning mix; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pot Roast with Mushroom Gravy in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2008, p28
Reviews for Pot Roast with Mushroom Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review