Pot Roast Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 small onions, quartered
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 medium carrots, quartered
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, combine milk, ketchup, cracker crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add ground beef. Shape meat mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval; place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place the onions, potatoes, carrots and green pepper around the loaf.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in meat loaf reads 160°. Garnish vegetables with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 309 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Pot Roast Meat Loaf
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.