- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 small onions, quartered
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 medium carrots, quartered
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine milk, ketchup, cracker crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add ground beef. Shape meat mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval; place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place the onions, potatoes, carrots and green pepper around the loaf.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in meat loaf reads 160°. Garnish vegetables with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pot Roast Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"This was great! Very easy and good flavor. I used bread instead of crackers, added minced garlic, pinch of Poultry Seasoning, splash of hot sause, 1 egg, and a little chopped Green Pepper in with the meat mixture. Did not put the Green Pepper in with the vegetable. Next time I will put in more vegetables, the recommended amounts are not enough. This is now on my go to list!"
"Really tasty meal in one. I used ground sirloin and it did have a little grease, but it gave the veggies extra flavor!"
"Sounds and looks delicious...... I really can't rate this recipe yet, as I haven't made it yet. But was wondering as another viewer did, what about all the grease from the ground beef? Wouldn't the vegetables be resting and cooking in all that fat?"
"I made this yesterday, and it was very good. I also used baby carrots and red potatoes.My sons loved it!"
"I don't know about this, it sound good, but what about all the vegetables won't they greases even when you use very lean ground beef. Please let me know about grease."