- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 small onions, quartered
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 medium carrots, quartered
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine milk, ketchup, cracker crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add ground beef. Shape meat mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval; place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place the onions, potatoes, carrots and green pepper around the loaf.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in meat loaf reads 160°. Garnish vegetables with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pot Roast Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"J loved it, but I added more potatoes & carrots what the recipe called for would not be enough for my family. The flavor was really great, I will be using this recipe a lot more."
"This was great! Very easy and good flavor. I used bread instead of crackers, added minced garlic, pinch of Poultry Seasoning, splash of hot sause, 1 egg, and a little chopped Green Pepper in with the meat mixture. Did not put the Green Pepper in with the vegetable. Next time I will put in more vegetables, the recommended amounts are not enough. This is now on my go to list!"
"Really tasty meal in one. I used ground sirloin and it did have a little grease, but it gave the veggies extra flavor!"
"Sounds and looks delicious...... I really can't rate this recipe yet, as I haven't made it yet. But was wondering as another viewer did, what about all the grease from the ground beef? Wouldn't the vegetables be resting and cooking in all that fat?"
"I made this yesterday, and it was very good. I also used baby carrots and red potatoes.My sons loved it!"