Pot Roast for Two Recipe
"A satisfying pot roast dinner doesn't have to feed an army, as this recipe proves," says Judy Armstrong (at left with her husband, Ron) of Norwell, Massachusetts. "I love the bold combination of spices in this moist and flavorful meal-in-one dish."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours YIELD:2 servings
- 2 beef eye of round steaks
- 2 small carrots, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 celery rib, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- 1. Place steaks in an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with carrots, potatoes, celery and onion. Combine the tomatoes, broth, garlic, soup mix and seasonings; pour over vegetables. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC