Pot Roast for Two Recipe
- 2 beef eye of round steaks
- 2 small carrots, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 celery rib, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- Place steaks in an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with carrots, potatoes, celery and onion. Combine the tomatoes, broth, garlic, soup mix and seasonings; pour over vegetables. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pot Roast for Two
Sort By :
"Used 1.4# chuck roast, whole baby carrots and whole baby gold potatoes. Came out perfect, 2 hrs in cast iron pot using extra beef broth to keep moist. Left out last 3 ingredients, did not sound good to us. Picky eater husband will eat again, next time making biscuits to sop up juice, yumm!"
"Loved this recipe. I served it with the Herb Bubble Bread in the same issue."
"Goos recipe. I especially like the idea you can still eat favorites like pot roast even if there are only 2 of you. However, I substituted boneless chuck roast for the round steaks, it's much tenderer, used golden mushroom soup for the diced tomatoes, and thickened the gravy."
"My husband is a meat and potatoes kinda guy, and since there are just two of us, this dinner is perfect! There are very rarely any leftovers, and I love soaking up the juices with bread."