Pot o' Gold Potato Soup Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2-1/3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter for 2-3 minutes. stir in broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat. Add potato flakes; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes. Add milk, cheese, garlic salt and chili powder. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Just before serving, add sour cream and heat through ( do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 285 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 804 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Pot o' Gold Potato Soup
"I make this every year for St. Pat's Day - yummy!"
"AWESOME! I added ground turky sausage to make this a main course! I can't wait to make it again!!!"
"I loved this recipe. I used it as a main course by adding ground turkey sausage!"