Pot o' Gold Potato Soup Recipe
This golden soup may not be what you expect to find at the end of the rainbow, but you'll treasure its rich flavor.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2-1/3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter for 2-3 minutes. stir in broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat. Add potato flakes; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes. Add milk, cheese, garlic salt and chili powder. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Just before serving, add sour cream and heat through ( do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 285 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 804 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC