Pot o' Gold Potato Soup Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2-1/3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter for 2-3 minutes. stir in broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat. Add potato flakes; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes. Add milk, cheese, garlic salt and chili powder. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Just before serving, add sour cream and heat through ( do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 285 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Pot o' Gold Potato Soup
"I make this every year for St. Pat's Day - yummy!"
"AWESOME! I added ground turky sausage to make this a main course! I can't wait to make it again!!!"
"I loved this recipe. I used it as a main course by adding ground turkey sausage!"