This golden soup may not be what you expect to find at the end of the rainbow, but you'll treasure its rich flavor.
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2-1/3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter for 2-3 minutes. stir in broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat. Add potato flakes; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes. Add milk, cheese, garlic salt and chili powder. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Just before serving, add sour cream and heat through ( do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pot O' Gold Potato Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p37
Reviews for Pot o' Gold Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2013
"I make this every year for St. Pat's Day - yummy!"
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2009
"AWESOME! I added ground turky sausage to make this a main course! I can't wait to make it again!!!"
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2009 Edited Oct. 5, 2009
"I loved this recipe. I used it as a main course by adding ground turkey sausage!"