This golden soup may not be what you expect to find at the end of the rainbow, but you'll treasure its rich flavor.
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2-1/3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter for 2-3 minutes. stir in broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat. Add potato flakes; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes. Add milk, cheese, garlic salt and chili powder. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Just before serving, add sour cream and heat through ( do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pot O' Gold Potato Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p37
Reviews for Pot o' Gold Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2013
"I make this every year for St. Pat's Day - yummy!"
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2009
"AWESOME! I added ground turky sausage to make this a main course! I can't wait to make it again!!!"
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2009 Edited Oct. 5, 2009
"I loved this recipe. I used it as a main course by adding ground turkey sausage!"