Pot o' Gold Cookies Recipe
These soft, buttery cutouts are always a hit, plus you can flavor the dough any way you like. I've used almonds, walnuts…even maraschino cherries. —Kerry Barnett-Amundson, Ocean Park, Washington
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- Dash salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- Green food coloring
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and extracts.
- 2. Combine the flour, almonds and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into a 10-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. Combine the icing ingredients; decorate cookies as desired. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 97 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Pot o' Gold Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC