- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 large carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a pressure cooker, brown roast in oil on all sides. Add the potatoes, carrots, onion and water. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook for 40 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Remove from the heat; allow pressure to drop on its own. Remove meat and vegetables; keep warm. Bring cooking juices in pressure cooker to a boil. Add bouillon, salt and pepper.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast and vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pot Roast with Vegetables in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p44
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pot Roast with Vegetables(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review