Possum Pie Recipe
This recipe was found in a box of recipes that were used in the cafe we own back in the early 1950's, when it was know as Mount Aire Camp. Since then, the pie has been on our menu.—David Heilemann, Eureka Springs, Arkansas
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 12 to 16 pecan halves
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk the milk, vanilla and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spoon over the pecans. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Top with whipped cream and pecan halves. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Possum Pie
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2011
"Very good - nice on a hot day. Had to use 1 cup instead of a 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream."
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2009
"This dessert is so creamy and rich. So easy to make. Everyone asks for the recipe when I make this.Definitely a keeper!!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC