Posse Stew Recipe
This mouthwatering dish is so thick and hearty you can almost eat it with a fork. The zesty combination of ingredients is especially satisfying on chilly days.—Michel Karkula, Chandler, Arizona
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, optional
- 1/4 cup water, optional
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, chilies, hominy and corn; season with salt and pepper.
- 2. For a thicker stew, combine cornstarch and water, then stir into stew. Cook and stir until thickened. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 328 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 967 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC